Computer Science: Jobs and Careers
Computer Science employment trends: Computer Science related jobs are among the best paid and highest satisfaction jobs of the projected high growth jobs. Among the list of best jobs in America 2012 according to the Wall Street Journal, two out of the top ten list are computer science related jobs, while among the list of best jobs in America 2012 according to Money.CNN.com, three out of the top ten list are computer science related jobs. See the following detailed information compiled by U.S. Department of Labor.
- Fact sheets about Computer Science related jobs:
- Occupations with the fastest growth: see the Occupational Outlook Handbook (especially regarding professional, scientific, and technical services in Chart 5 and computer and information technology in Chart 6) about the 2010-20 Projections.
Computer Science careers: There is a wide range of possibilities for computer science graduates. We have alumni working for Boeing, Northrop, Intel, Apple, Microsoft, business corporations, engineering companies, hospitals, and missionary organizations such as Mission Aviation Fellowship and Wycliffe Translators. Many alumni serve as information technology staff, providing system administration, networking, hardware, and software support. Others are programmers, developing web portals and E-commerce applications connecting web interfaces to database systems, conducting data analysis and scientific computing, developing programs for linguistic analysis, designing and implementing computer games, and so forth. We also have graduates going to graduate programs of schools such as University of Southern California, UC Davis, UC Irvine, and UC Santa Barbara.
- See this YouTube video about job interview at Google.
- See computer science jobs from After College Career Network.
- See information technology related opportunities from ITJobAdvantage.
Biola's Center of Career Development: Find resources for writing your resume and developing skills for job search and interview from Biola's Center of Career Development.
Computer Science professional societies and graduate schools: Find out more about Computer Science and graduate schools from the leading professional societies Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and IEEE Computer Society.