Due Wednesday, September 25 Mon/Wed (Sept 20: Wed/Fri). Worth
Your assignment is to fix up this document:
Lincolns_First.doc, which contains President Lincoln's first Inaugural
Address. Rename to something with your last name in it, like HW3_Jones.doc,
then fix it up, as described below, then email it to me on BUBBS.
Change all of the following things in the document:
- Make the first line (the title), centered horizontally on the page.
- Make the first line 20-point size
- Change the rest of the document to have 12-point size
- Make the second line, the date, right-justified
- Make the whole document use the
Lucida Sans Unicode font. See Figure 1.
- Fix the incorrectly formatted paragraphs (like the 3rd paragraph, which
has a carriage return paragraph marker at the end of each line. It
should just have one at the end of the paragraph)
- Make each paragraph have a leading indent. See Figure 2.
- The 4th paragraph ("Resolved that...") is a quote. Make this quote
indented, and use italics.
- Remove the extra stuff at the bottom of the document (the three extra
- Insert a Word Art item somewhere in the document
- Insert a Clip Art item somewhere in the document
This assignment is worth 60 points, so each item listed above is worth
about 5 points.
I will explain how to do these things in class.
Set document to use
Indent the first line of each paragraph
by changing the ruler at top